Our clients operate in industries as diverse as retail, tourism, trades, hospitality, farming, property development, professional services, utilities and networks, and more.
We believe in taking a personal approach. We’ll get to know you and your business, and do our best to contribute to your business success.
If you own a small or medium sized business, we can help you get your legal affairs in good order, and provide advice which helps you to make sound business decisions and avoid costly problems down the track. We provide advice in plain terms, without the jargon.
Our larger business clients take advantage of the depth and breadth of expertise our 30+ total staff can offer.
We provide legal advice on:
Buying, selling or running a business
- Buying or selling a business
- Choosing business structures - sole traders, companies, partnerships, trading trusts
- Companies - formation, structures, constitutions and shareholder agreements
- Joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions
- Business finance
- Tax and GST
- Securities Act compliance / exemptions
- Employment contracts, relationships and disputes
- Health and safety
- Consumer and trade practices advice
- Protecting your personal assets
- Insurance and buy-sell agreements
- Winding up
- Contracts - advice, drafting and negotiating
- Franchising, distribution and licensing
- Terms of trade and website terms
Commercial property and leasing
- Buying, selling and leasing commercial property
- Property development and subdivisions